Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Journey of a thousand miles part 11: WTF?

So this is a continuation of the events on Friday. After work I ran down to the local big and tall man's store to pick up a couple of new belts. I also picked up a new pair of jeans and a couple of black undershirts. I went home and changed into the new stuff and added a black screen printed thermal and my boots and went out to a country western bar where they were doing dance lessons. I thought it was line dancing, but Fridays is apparently reserved for two-step. I said what the hell and joined in. I danced with every woman at the class (a couple of them twice) and had a lot of fun.

Right now, you're probably wondering why the WTF in the title. Allow me to explain, gentle readers. The WTF came from the number of ladies that hit on me that night. Some were cougars, some were kittens. All of them were attractive. All of them also had the same reaction: They thought I was in my 20's. One of the cougars even went so far as to call me cougar bait. That kind of thing really boosted my ego, but I've been out of the dating scene for so long I really didn't know how to respond. I just said thanks, but I'm not looking for anything right now, but maybe in the future. Maybe I screwed the pooch on that one, but I know that anything I did that night would have been purely physical and nothing more than a rebound at best. That's not fair to anyone.

I suppose that my conscience might also be working over time to keep me on the level since I know I still love my Lady. That conscience and heart of mine both need to let go so I can work on moving forward. My mind and body are ready, but the heart and soul less so.

Asta.

No comments:

Post a Comment