Sunday, August 30, 2009

I have a problem with Fascists with badges



I don't care what color you are, this is fascism. Officer Wesley Cheeks needs to be severely discplined for these actions and forced to study the Constitution. A protestor is not allowed to carry his sign because it has a picture on it? I'm not a farmboy, but I know bullshit when it so blatently displays itself. Officer Cheeks is more than likely an Obama supporter, so he is trying to use his badge to scare the protestor into putting the sign down.

My thanks to Jeff for posting this on his blog so I could see it. I'm fairly certain he knew I would rant on this subject. I went to war for this country to promote the ideals of freedom and democracy. I buried a couple of good friends who died promoting those ideals. I may not agree with what a protestor has to say, but I will defend their right to say it. The exception to that is military funerals. A protestor may have the right to say what they want, but not at a military funeral.

I'm going to be sending complaints to Officer Cheeks' superior officers. Here's a copy of Jeff's letter in case you would like to modify it for your use:

[After watching the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKPKjl0-pg I felt compelled to complain about Officer Cheeks’ actions. Telling someone that this isn’t America anymore and that “I can charge you with whatever I want” is bad enough. Violating their civil rights by discriminating against their speech based on the content (this sign had a picture while others did not) is several orders of magnitude worse. My father served with the California Highway Patrol for over 30 years and he is also disgusted by Officer Cheeks’ conduct.

If I’m correct here, that would be deprivation of civil rights under color of law.

I would hope that you would take action to ensure that this never happens again.

Further, I would hope that you would issue a public apology or at least issue a statement that this is not official policy.

Thank you for your time and your attention.]

UPDATE FROM OATHKEEPERS:

If you would like to file a complaint, go here:

He is a security officer employed by the Fairfax County Public Schools.

You may go to
http://www.fcps.edu to contact the School’s Department of Communication and Community Outreach concerning this matter. They may also be reached by phone at 571-423-1200.

The head of the security department at Fairfax County Public Schools is Fred Ellis. His email is fred.ellis@fcps.edu and his phone number is 703-658-3763”



SECURITY OFFICER CHEEKS, YOU HAVE EARNED THE TITLE OF PERNICIOUS CRITTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment