Friday, August 21, 2009

Meditations on punishment and the death panalty

After reading some of my posts, the average reader might come to the conclusion that I am a right-wing conservative republican.

You would be wrong. At best, I'm apolitical. I vote my conscience. Basically, who I think will do the least amount of damage to the country. I served in the Army for 3 years and I can still hit my targets center mass after 20 years. On an exceptionally good day I can head shot with the best of them.

I believe that people have the right to defend themselves against unwanted acts of aggression. I'm a huge believer in the "Blood out, air in" method of criminal control. Saves us the time and trouble of trying and convicting the critter.

I not only support the death penalty, I think it should be escalated. No waiting on death row for fourteen years while your lawyer keeps appealing. You get one appeal and that's it. If the appeal fails, the guard walks in to your cell and says, "Sorry, your appeal was denied." and then draws his gun and pulls the trigger. One shot between the eyes. Quick and done with, clean up and move on. No doctors, chemicals, or straps to hold them down. One shot and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment