Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Journey of a thousand miles...

...starts with a single step. The same can be said for weight loss. If you have read this blog at all, you've seen my observation/rant about being a big man. I'm 41 years old and I'm over 400 lbs. I've just found out that my insurance will cover Bariatric Surgery and my out of pocket expense is only 250.00. I can't pass that up. All the diets and exercising I've been doing just isn't enough. My health is ok, but I've been bucking the odds for too long and it's going to catch up to me eventually.

I attended a seminar about the surgery and spoken to my primary care doctor. He's all for me doing the surgery. If this works, so many issues that I have had will just go away. Back aches, snoring, odd pains with no explanations. Even some personal issues that I won't discuss on this blog will be improved by my losing the excess weight.

I'll be updating this blog with my results and thoughts about it as I go along

So here's my current checklist:
Attend seminar: check
Talk to insurance about benefits: check
Talk to primary care physician: check
EKG: check

No comments:

Post a Comment