Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm displeased...

...with the response I got from one of my Senators, the Honorable (?) Harry Reid. I sent him the Animal Farm letter that I posted in an earlier post. I honestly wasn't expecting any sort of response, and I think that I would have preferred no response to this:

Dear Mr.*********:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I appreciate hearing from you, although I regret to learn of your disappointment with my work in the Senate.

As Nevada's senior senator and the Senate Majority Leader, it is my job to do what is in the best interest of our state and work on behalf of the people of Nevada. Please be assured that I take these responsibilities very seriously, and I will continue to do everything I can to make Nevada an even better place to live and raise a family.

I never forget where I came from or the people I serve. In my office, I keep a picture of the home in Searchlight where I grew up. Not a day passes without me reflecting on the values I learned there - integrity, dedication, and service. These Nevada values have shaped my work on behalf of our state throughout my career in public service. There are many pressing issues facing the Congress, and as my colleagues and I work in a bipartisan fashion to stabilize the housing and financial markets, stimulate the economy, and ensure our energy independence, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind.

Nevada's working families deserve the implementation of policies that reward their hard work and provide opportunities for a more secure future. I remain committed to using my Senate leadership position to achieve these aims. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with me, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,

HARRY REID

United States Senator

Nevada

I called the man to task for not doing his job as specified in the Constitution, and he sends a damn form letter that says how he's doing the things that I called him to task on!

When did the village idiots get control of the government?

No comments:

Post a Comment